September 21, 1939 Soap Opera Broadcasts on WJSV
The following is an annotated list of soap operas aired September 21, 1939 on radio station WJSV in Washington, D.C. The entire day's broadcast has been preserved. See my other posting, "Old-Time Radio's Complete Day," for more information including suggestions on how to obtain it.
1. Bachelor's Children. 8:45 a.m. Royal Dutch Cleanser. Dr. Bob and Ruth Ann have coffee at the Ryders.
2. Pretty Kitty Kelly. 9:00 a.m. Wonder Bread. A development in the Madmoiselle Dupin murder case.
3. The Story of Myrt and Marge. 9:15 a.m. Concentrated Super Suds. Tryouts for a Myr-Mar Theater Project production in Manhattan.
4. Hilltop House. 9:30 a.m. Palmolive Beauty Soap. Bess and Captain John Barry set wedding date.
5. Stepmother. 9:45 a.m. Colgate Tooth Powder. Peg rejects the advice of Kay and John about Agatha Clark.
6. Brenda Curtis. 10:15 a.m. Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. Jim fears he is about to lose the Hargreaves case.
7. Big Sister. 10:30 a.m. Rinso. Ruth makes friends with Miss Pike.
8. Aunt Jenny's True Life Stories. 10:45 a.m. Spry All-Vegetable Shortening. The return of an old flame may threaten a marriage.
9. When a Girl Marries. 11:15 a.m. Prudential Insurance. Professor Kilpatrick warns Harry about Ralph Stanley.
10. The Romance of Helen Trent. 11:30 a.m. Angelus Lipstick. Helen plans to offer Doris Harper a job in her dress shop.
11. Our Gal Sunday. 11:45 a.m. Anacin. A letter from Arthur Brinthrope.
12. Life Can Be Beautiful. 12:15 p.m. Ivory Flakes. A tearful Chichi is cheered up by news from Kate Henderson.
13. Road of Life. 12:30 p.m. Chipsol Washday Soap. Opening statement in the murder trial of John McEwen.
14. This Day is Ours. 12:45 p.m. Crisco. Myrtle plans to go dancing with Sammy Foster.
15. The Life and Love of Dr. Susan. 1:15 p.m. Lux Toilet Soap. Susan and others await news of Butch Bixby's big game.
16. Your Family and Mine. 1:30 p.m. Sealtest Dairies. Judy is by Woody's side when he awakes from surgery.
17. The Career of Alice Blair. 3:15 p.m. Daggett & Ramsel Perfect Cold Cream. Alice thinks Myra is getting too close to Uncle Andy.